Advantages and Disadvantages of Class D Amplifier
Advantages of Class D Amplifier
1. The battery usage rate of Class D power amplifier can reach more than 90%, which meets the requirements of environmental protection. Class d power amplifier has a very high energy conversion rate, and its volume is very small, and has strong reliability.
2. The usage range of class d power amplifier is very wide, and the minimum value of the connected load can reach very low. In addition, the battery conversion rate can basically be said to be the same regardless of the change of the load capacitance value.
3. Class d amplifier has no high frequency, intermediate frequency, the relative changes allowed, its sound is very clear, and the sound image has a very accurate positioning.
4. Class d amplifier is very suitable for mass production of products. As long as you ensure that the components are installed properly, you can make the product have good consistency, and no debugging is required during the production process, which is safe and reliable.
5. Class d amplifier can directly achieve group control, remote control, monitoring and other functions without adding any devices.
Disadvantages of Class D amplifiers
Although class D power amplifiers have many advantages, they also have many disadvantages, and these shortcomings have seriously affected the development of class D power amplifiers. Let me specifically talk about the disadvantages of class D power amplifiers.
1. There is no special switch for Class D power amplifier. If the installed power transistor and other devices are not matched well, the quality of the entire product will not pass.
2. In the power transistor of the Class D power amplifier, the potential close to the ground will fluctuate during the initial connection and the final shutdown process, thereby increasing noise.
3. The output circuit of the Class D power amplifier may have a dead zone.
4. Class D power amplifier speakers may appear distorted for some reason.
Focus on Audio